1-800-642-5119, If calling from out of state 802-786-5991.
Information and Assistance for people age 60 and older.
Our agency's Senior HelpLine provides information on a wide range of programs and services available to seniors in Rutland and Bennington Counties; we can also direct you to resources in other parts of Vermont and across the country. The HelpLine is staffed by professionals with extensive knowledge of what is available to assist seniors with the issues they face. Our goal is to assist seniors in maintaining their independence at home.
We welcome calls from seniors, family members, health professionals or anyone concerned about a senior.
• Listen to your questions and concerns
• Provide answers and options
• Mail out useful printed materials
• Refer you to programs or agencies that can help
• Or connect you with one of our own Case Managers who can provide you with more in-depth assistance.
Examples of types of information and assistance provided by the Senior HelpLine:
• Telephone numbers to area services and agencies
• Resources for families caring for older family members
• Transportation to medical appointments and essential shopping
• Meals on Wheels
• Community Luncheon Sites
• Senior Housing Information
• Home Care Options
• Options for people who can no longer live alone
• Medicare Supplemental Insurance and Medicare issues
• Fuel, Food, Medical and Financial Assistance Programs
• Pharmacy Assistance
• Telephone Credit Assistance
Information from SVCOA's Senior HelpLine staff
Our agency is also an Aging & Disability Resource Center, which provides options counseling for elders and younger persons with disabilities.